Kelp Pesto with a pinch of Coconut
I found the inspiration in a picture I saw this morning from one of my favorites restaurants in Vancouver, Zen Conscious Lounge.
Kelp Noodles. Yes! it is an algae rich in antioxidants, 6 times more than acai, 60 times more than pomegranate and 100 times more than blueberries. Contain over 70 nutrients + minerals, including iron, iodine, calcium, magnesium and potassium. I found them in Whole Foods for 4 dollars.
I came with the idea of walnut pesto however, while I was trying a sample of the result I notice a dry sour flavor at the end. Difficult to explain. So I added coconut cream. Oh wow!! delicious. Here is the recipe
Ingredients for Pesto Sause
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- One 1/2 cups of walnuts (previously soaked)
- Half cup of cold press extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
- One table spoon of coconut cream
- The juice of half lemon
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Add the sauce to the kelp noodles
- Decorate with dry tomato or slices of toasted cherry tomatoes